Monday, July 7, 2008

Diet: Get Out The Map

So, the diet trend had been slowing for a while, and the assorted festivities (my birthday, July 4, etc.) over the past week pretty much put a nail in its coffin. The weight box to the right shows the gory remains: weekly trend up 1.25 pounds.

So now I'm trying to figure out what to do next. WiiFit will help, but I need to structure my intake better. The various versions of the Don't Be Stupid Diet have, in general, all run aground due to...well, being stupid.

Not sure what to try next. Yes, watch portion size, watch for stupid sugars and stupid fats, but...what else? Because clearly I like those stupid sugars and fats.

Part of me is wondering if it's time to go back to strict calorie counting, but that's just painful and annoying. (On the other hand, it is the one diet I can point to as actually getting me all the way down under 200 pounds.) Maybe Weight Watchers points or similar. Need to think about it some more.

No comments: