Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#4: D is for Daughter

So this morning I got up about half an hour early to check in for a flight. (Yay Southwest.) The flight wasn't for me, though. Bright and early tomorrow, I bring my daughter to the airport to send her on her way. Just for a little while - she's going to Denver for a conference with her Latin class. But this is her first solo trip, so it's a bit stressful for all of us. (Especially given Southwest's recent plane-integrity issues. Um.)

But I'm sure she'll be fine. She's bright, and well-centered. She'll have a cell phone and some money, and people looking out for her at the other end.

It's fascinating to watch her as she grows up. She's not a small version of me, nor of her mother, but an entirely new construction, built from the best parts of both of us and yet with a core that is no one else but herself.

I'm looking forward to seeing what she'll become.

No comments: